08 May 2015

The wunderkammer



Wunderkammern fascinate me, so I have made my own small cabinet of small things that belong no place in particular. Small things attract other small things, so I am going to have to get another cabinet. Meanwhile, I take some out, put others in, rearranging to find ways for these small things to speak to one another.  Perhaps the main thing they have in common is that each one is small enough to be concealed in my hands

Amethyst and moonstone. 


Ghanaian goldweight snake and tourist Athenian owl.


Fox skull. 


Sixteenth-century Persian sherd.


Hummingbird nest and silkworm cocoons. 


Theo's otter. 


Miniature of a Benin leopard.  


Glass carafe stoppers and a hedgehog.


Corinthian aryballos. 


Firecrest nest, jay and flicker feathers, abalone shell.


Thirteenth-century Corinthian sherd.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I will not publish Anonymous comments.