12 June 2015

In recovery: Glitter and be gay


"Glitter and be gay!"  Natalie Dessay.

In recovery”-- this is the third of these.  You may ask, recovery from what? I have had reconstructive surgery again, this time on my right hand, the same kind that I had in January on my left.  

This entry is a great change, in that I have almost never presented any of the music that is so much a part of my life. Here are two, very similar arias, by the same extraordinary singer, Natalie Dessay. I have been playing these over and over recently. First listen to her “Glitter and be gay" from Leonard Bernstein's Candide.

Then listen to her sing Bernstein's inspiration, Zerbinetta's aria “Großmächtige Prinzessin” from Ariadne auf Naxos (my favorite opera) which is #8 on this site.

I don't know what happen to music videos internationally. Good luck.




1 comment:

  1. daily vitamin D3 helps ameliorate the autoimmune destruction of cartilage !

    your blog has an intense unusual literary quality, do you ever reflect on that ?

    ReplyDelete

I will not publish Anonymous comments.